Monday, October 22, 2007

Wildfires

A lot of my friends are out of their homes tonight. And, I'm selfish and don't want to watch the news anymore. It feels like everything is on fire. I felt positive this afternoon. The fires were huge but thankfully there were very few injuries and lost homes. It has all changed this evening. Now, it seems that the number of impacted families is incredible. I personally have my own laundry list....1. Griff is safe, but watching the fires from his newly remodeled home in Escondido.2. Steve is camping out with his sister since he was evacuated.3. Scott and Claudia were evacuated but OK.4. By the maps, I could tell that Carol and family, Jennifer, Rich and Sara, Dr. Will, Woody, and other friends were all evacuated. But, I haven't heard from them yet.5. Jesus and family are being moved to Mexico to get out of the San Ysidro fires.6. The Habitat for Humanity homes that I helped to build a couple years ago in Escondido are destroyed.I can't wait for rain. And no winds. And fireproof homes. And unbelievable punishment for arsonists. And...Maybe I should just go to bed.

No comments: