Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In Context...

I had a really great chat with Debra's son, Noah. We were talking about the power of prayer...and he said that he believes that even if we're going through tough times, there's always Someone who's stronger. Then he said that Debra could have/should have died when she first became sick...but she was blessed and lived for 2 1/2 years!


Honest to God, I felt like someone grabbed my shoulders and spun me around. In my reality, Debra was "fine" until Christmas and died a few very short months later. It shocked me that her family saw it as an extra 2 1/2 years that they were able to spend together. An extra 2 1/2 years to turn dreams like the store into reality. An extra 2 1/2 years to grow family and friendships. An extra 2 1/2 years to try to reach people with the love of God that she felt.

I think my friend would have called this a "God Shot."

2 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

It's so awesome that she got those extra years and so great what she did with them. I'm still amazed at how strong she was during that time because she was still going through chemo until last Fall and then when her health started to worsen she kept going and going. She sure was a special lady! I miss her and I'll never forget her.

Knitting Linguist said...

Wow. What an amazing way to look at things. Thanks for sharing that story!