Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Dave's Hat - Finished!
Happy New Year!!! I finished Dave's director's hat/beret. We almost gave up on it 300 times before I finished it. ;-) The pattern that I had was actually kid's size...though it said it was for an adult. So I had to adjust the pattern a LOT. And I was using a very fine sock yarn, so I had to mess with it a lot before I found a gauge that I liked. Otherwise it was turning out like lace. Not exactly preferred for a man's hat. After many many starts and enough frogging to cause the yarn to self-knit, I finally got it! And as of 2:00 PM, Dave had a cool enough hat that he said he could wear to the NAMM convention this year. Yeah!!! Pictures soon.