Monday, January 28, 2008

Comet Wall Ornament Finished


I really like this one a lot.



Fun to crochet and the thread just shines...especially when it catches the sunlight. I used DMC 5 and a US8 Boye hook. I can't wait to make one for myself, but I sure hope that my mom-in-law likes this for her birthday.

It's surprising durable, too. I've had to manhandle it a bit, and it has travelled in wind and rain with absolutely no harm to it. Good thing, since it's home will be in snowland. :-)

This is my first post directly into blogger. I'm officially switching over to it from Live Journal. There's a lot that I like about Live Journal...especially the additional templates, editing tools, etc. but Blogger has 3 huge selling points for me.

  1. You can post video.
  2. More people have Blogger accounts, so I might get more comments. (Please)
  3. I can have buttons somewhere other than my profile. Hurray!

10 comments:

Ariel said...

Since you asked for a comment........

Welcome to Blogger!!!

Bea said...

Welcome to blogger! I'm so happy about this because I've been reading for a while, but since I don't have live journal its so hard to comment. Now I can comment when I have something to say!

I love the window ornament. So beautiful.

Cheers,
Bea

Dan said...

Comment comment. :)

hopalong682003 said...

Thanks! I'm glad that I switched over. Now I just need to figure out how to respond to your comments. ;-)

Tami said...

That is amazingly beautiful! I really need to learn to crochet!

Acorn to Oak said...

Wow! That's beautiful!

Knitting Linguist said...

And we can comment without a special account -- yay!! Welcome to Blogger. Your window ornament is beautiful, and such a generous gift :)

Megan said...

ooohhh pretty!!! It looks great!!

hopalong682003 said...

Thanks! I'm trying to figure out how to reply to you via e-mail...but haven't mastered that part of blogger yet.

Knitting Linguist said...

Hi -- Just got your comment, and I've enabled (I think) the bit that gives you my email. Let me know if it doesn't work :)